Search This Blog

Friday 11 February 2011

Folksy Friday - Textile Art

One of the blogs that I read, decor8, which is all about decor and style, led me to another lovely blog - 79 ideas, which deals with everything from design to fashion to crafts - where I was lucky enough to come across the work of Yulia Brodskaya (artyulia.com).
Her stunning illustrations made using paper really struck a chord with me and inspired me to seek out art created using different mediums for this week's Folksy Friday selection.  All of today's choices are examples of textile art. I hope you enjoy the selection.

 
 
 
"Dad's Poppies" by Sheila Blakemore - needlefelted, with some beading and embroidery. I was drawn to the vibrant poppies.
"'Lovebirds' Wall Art" by made by lolly - I love the print on this fabric, which has been embellished with beading, buttons and hand-stitching.
"Butterfly Textile Wall Art" by Dizzy - the backing fabric is painted, and the butterflies are made from pink felts and floral fabrics and hand-stitched on to the backing.
"Field Poppy" by Odette's Shop - the background has been hand-dyed, and then embroidered using a mixture of machine and hand stitches.
"Hand-painted Lavender Lady" by Gracie's Garden Bazaar - lovely, whimsical hanging decoration, hand-drawn and painted on tea dyed vintage cotton, embellished with vintage lace and glass pearls, and filled with French lavender. 
"Wedgewood Flora" by Bird's Eye- charming, embroidered canvas with felt and beads.

3 comments:

made by lolly said...

Thank you for including my lovebirds in your beautiful and varied Folksy Friday collection!

Lynne Rowe said...

What a beautiful treasury. I love your blog too. I'll take a look at your folksy shop xx

Adam Riley said...

Lovely selection of textile art and thank you for including my hanging decoration :)xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
domain names